Sunday, January 24, 2010

Catching Up

Well, it's been over a month since I entered anything in my blog. Must be that forgetfulness that my wife keeps reminding me of. I tend to leave the light on in the garage when I come back in, and just a little while ago, I got my youngest a cup of milk. Then I proceeded to leave the container on the counter... for 45 minutes. What a dork.

I have been a big Chargers fan for as long as I can remember. Their choke job this season might have pushed me into looking into becoming more involved in "High Level" Football officiating. When I get done with my Masters Degree, I would like to effort to advance into the NCAA ranks, and who knows - maybe someday into the NFL. But, that is at least 3 years away, so I just keep doing what God has called me to do.

This spring I will be officiating high school baseball for the first time. I played from when I was 6 until I was 28, coached it for 8 years, and now I go to the "blue" side. I didn't like that I had to buy over $600 worth of equipment, but that will be made up within the first 6 weeks of the season. I am also going to umpire softball, but learning those rules might take a bit more time. I really am excited about the opportunity.

Finally, I am in the process of losing 20 pounds by May 28. On January 4, I was at 205. I plan on being below 185 on that date. If I pull it off, I win $25 from a buddy who said I can't do it, and I will look the way I would like to going into summer. I don't want to be an old, flabby dad for my girls. As of today, only 3 pounds down, but I need to kick in my old metabolism. Stop eating so many "junk" snacks, and make sure I exercise. The other minor problem to this is that I have a small umbilical hernia. I will be calling my doctor regarding that this week.

That's it for now. I hope to update weekly during baseball season about what I am learning, and any weirdness that happens.

No comments: