Thursday, November 19, 2009

Interesting Doings

So, the last two days of school before a week off for Turkey is always hard. Students want to "have a free day" (there is no such thing) and I don't want to start anything new. So instead, we will do a lab that introduces the next concept.

Friday evening I will be officiating a playoff game as the White Hat for the very first time. I have called many games as Line Judge, Head Linesman and Back Judge, including Finals and Semi-Final games. But this is my first as the head guy. I am excited and slightly nervous. I will be reviewing some of the rule book this afternoon.

The school is locked and alarmed all week (from Saturday to Sunday) so I have to make sure I pack everything I could possibly need during the week. Not that I WANT to come back, but that is kind of frustrating about my school. I think they want us to lock up our electronics for the week too. (Things like digital projectors, visualizers, anything that could easily walk away.)

I am excited about a week off including Tuesday. A friend invited me to go to Jawbone Canyon and do some shooting of shotguns, rifles and the like. I have only shot a gun one other time in my life - Wife's extended family lives in rural Illinois and I shot a 12 gauge shotgun about 9 years ago. Fun times ahead. Hope to have pictures to post (probably on Facebook) on Wednesday.

No comments: