Monday, September 28, 2009

The Week That Was

Some highlights of the last few days:
* My professor at seminary called upon a student for a question. As the questioner was about half done, the professor stops him and says, "Woah, I am sorry. I kinda dazed off there. Can you start over."
* Got to attend a Lutheran worship service Sunday morning. I took my Bible with me, and never needed it. EVERYTHING was scripted in the "bulletin" except the Pastor's sermon. It was quite weird.
* Had a play in Friday night's football game where the ball was spotted and we couldn't tell if it was a 1st down, so we called out the chains. It was an inch short on the 24 yard line going in. They punted. (They were winning 27-0 and it was early in the 2nd quarter. They won 27-7.)
* Youngest is growing like a weed. Taller than the pool table now, and is finally bumping her head on the foosball table handles. Funnier than that, she laughs when she poots.

Hope that the weather begins to change this week. It's supposed to be cooler on Thursday. I am ready for fall, and for our El Nino winter.

1 comment:

Ciarra said...

the Lutheran services put everything in the bulletin lol funn thing is at my church they put screens up and put everything up there as you need it... and they STILL give you bulletins with the whole thing in it. they usually give you an outline of the sermon or some blank space for you to take notes. you have to pay attention at some point and this makes you do it lol