Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

Today was the day that we remember the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. His sacrificial death on the cross, followed by the supernatural raising from the dead is the cornerstone of our Evangelical Christian faith. I praise God for sending His son to atone for my sins. I pray that I am an example to others and able to witness to anyone that I can.

It was also the final round of the Masters Golf tournament. My favorite Professional Golfer, Kenny Perry, was in contention all day. In fact, he was in control of the tourney until the last 2 holes. He hit a terrible chip shot on 17, and hit a bad second shot on 18 to finish bogey-bogey and allow for a playoff. In the playoff, he hit an amazing chip shot to make par, but on the second hole, missed the green with his approach and missed his par putt. Angel Cabrera made his par and become the 2009 Masters Champion.

Kenny Perry is one of my favorites because he makes his home right around the corner (figuratively) from my Mom and Dad. My parents are in Gallatin, TN and Perry is from Franklin, KY, just across the stateline. Its about a 25 minute drive to his course, Kenny Perry's Country Creek. A relatively straight forward golf course, but a lot of fun. I am looking forward to the next time I visit them to play KPCC again, and maybe run into Mr. Perry himself.

No comments: